Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Birthday Woobie!


Can you believe it's been TEN years? Woobie is a decade old. Wow. He had a very good birthday week. He and Dad went go-cart racing, to see an Indy car race, to the range to go shoot pistols and Eric's bow and arrow set, we had a birthday cake, and for his birthday Eric got to eat at Red Lobster -- he snarfed down $20 worth of crab! Must have been good crab.







Earlier this summer Daniel got to try out the sprinklers for the first time -- He really enjoyed it.



He also learned to eat corn-on-the-cob, a summertime necessity. And we have spent a lot of time in the bounce house!

Last month we also went to visit Nana and Pop and Aunt Ashley, Jake, Aunt Kara, Aunt Courtney, Aunt Donnisa, Uncle Mike, and Uncle Richard in Charlotte. Here are some pictures of the trip we took to Discovery Center. Daniel got to see a BIG bear. Eric really liked the caves and science stuff.





The boys went to the Children's museum on the Fourth of July and a good time was had by all. They have these cool fountains and beach areas in the "backyard" that Dan and Eric enjoyed.


Daniel has been going to a time-out stool for two minutes when he has issues with listening to Mommy. However, I have noticed recently that Daniel is sending himself to time-out. He appears to be self-regulating. For instance, today he kept climbing up and standing on his rocking horse (moose). I told him if he did it one more time he would have to go to time-out. He did it and then he pointed to his time-out stool -- which he went to very quickly. Then I was in the laundry room doing laundry and I thought I heard the door to the china cabinet open and then close (which is a definite time-out offense). Sure enough, I came out and found Daniel sitting on his time-out stool humming to himself. Mark thinks that if the price of opening the china cabinet is two minutes in time out, then Daniel has decided its a price he's willing to pay. . .



Grammy and Grumpy are coming to visit soon! We are very excited. Daniel and Daddy have been practicing...

No comments: