

Dan also got to take a field trip with his school to the William and Mary 's sunken gardens where they flew kites. He had a really good time. These pictures were taken by one of the college students who works at the daycare.
I had to call Daniel's doctor twice this week for medical mishaps and run him to the office once for a completely separate emergency. When I call now and I tell them Dan's name they recognize him immediately and change from the official businesslike persona to asking how DanMan is doing. Perhaps I should relocate my office into their building?
Dan had vaccines last week and ended up with a rash in those spots last Saturday night. The Emergency nurse wanted us to take Dan to the ER -- Saturday night, Downtown Richmond, City Hospital... ummm. no. I put some ointment on them and they were fine. Reaction to the band-aid. Then on Monday Daniel fell at school right into the sharp end of a cabinet. I will post a picture here, but it doesn't do the injury justic
e. I have never seen a goose-egg before, but now I can say I have. It was an actual EGG on his head. I almost passed out. The daycare ladies were beside themselves. However, ICE works! The next morning the swelling had gone down considerably (which is when this picture was taken) and the next day the swelling was gone. He is a tough kid. I held it together pretty well until we got to the doctor's office and they rushed him back and said he DIDN'T need a catscan for a skull fracture. Then I hugged the doctor and the nurse.Finally last night, I got him ready for his bath and noticed that he had a tick under his arm. Yikes. Luckily it hadn't been there too long. Bear was a trooper.
In lighter news, Daniel started drinking out of a cup this past weekend. Not only do you get to witness this, but you can see him using some of his sign language. Man, that 'more" sign gets used every day.
Enjoy!

1 comment:
Enjoyed seeing everyone having fun! I also liked the clip of Daniel drinking from his cup and using sign language!
Becky Brode
Post a Comment