Fall means that I slow down a little bit. Well, not really, but I let more photos and videos SLOWLY accumulate before I find the time to sit down and post them!
Chronologically and most important in this post, Dan turned four! Who can believe it?
Grammy and Grumpy were able to share his birthday by Skype. Their voices you hear in the video were while they were watching Dan and Fi on webcam. Too cool!
Some classic birthday pictures.
Then Grammy and Grumpy came to visit for Dan's birthday party - well, I actually recruited them to come. They got to share in his new favorite birthday present: the Lightsaber!
Eric got to play lightsaber too. I think he is being easy on Dan and pretending to be Yoda here...
Eric brought his new guitar with him and Grammy helped him pick some tunes.
Someone got the bright idea to invite 12 children to Daniel's birthday party. TWELVE children approximately 2-5 years of age. Jiminy Christmas!
We had a camping theme birthday party, but it rained outside, so we set up the tent in the living room.
We had a campfire birthday cake (I really did make this!)
Eric was a "camp counselor" and tried to corral all the kids. It was a tough job. Children were running and screaming, parents were clutching their hair, and then... Grammy went and got Eric's guitar.
And all was well....
It's like she's done this before.
We went to a Junior League fundraiser called Touch-a-Truck. Lots of large trucks to climb and play on. I don't know who was more excited... Eric or Mark?
This is Eric doing his: "OF course I'm small enough to fit in the ball filled bounce house!" But, the moms guarding the bounce house weren't buying it...
We haven't had cable for three months now (something wrong with the line apparently). we don't watch that much tv anyway, but it has let us be a little more creative. The boys made a boat...
we've gone to the park.
we went to the pumpkin farm.
we tried soccer. there's a lot of standing around in soccer. wandering to the next field. laying on the ground. I don't remember my soccer games being that way, but I do remember some of Woobie's games at this age being very similar.
There was stimulating dinner conversation.
Time for creative art
And then there is the dancing. I would like to note, that all of these moves come from their father!
All the dancing wiped Dan out...
One of Fi's teachers at school likes to do up her hair every day. We never quite know what she'll look like when we pick her up!
Here is the beret Aunt Lynne knitted for newborn Sophia. She loves it now and wears it all over town in her jaunty fashion.

2 comments:
Nice cake! I'm impressed. Hard to believe you're the same person who put a metal lid in the microwave :)
Bravo! Racer, your entries get more and more entertaining! Bravo for Grammy (Karen) for saving the day! The camping theme was a great idea, too! Bravo to Mark and all three kids for their entertaining "dancing" skills! This is one of my favorite entries! Also, I LOVE the pic of Dan and Sophia in the park...it would be great as a contest entry somewhere! So happy you found time for another blog account, Racer. Keep them coming, will you?
Becky Brode
Post a Comment