Monday, May 19, 2008

Big Day!

We're back. Things around here, as you can imagine have been quite busy. Sorry to my long time readers (here I am thinking of you Shawn) who don't see quite as many new posts as they'd like. I'll work on it.
Two weeks ago was teacher appreciation week. You may not have known that. I was painfully aware of it. Somehow I got inticed to be the PRESCHOOL I ROOM LIASION. I mostly did it because Ms. Bev, Dan's teacher, made it sound like I would be a Bond Girl or something. C'mon, it does sound exotic doesn't it? Say it with me... "LIASION." So, I was in charge of the teacher appreciation day gift. No problem I thought. Then I was emailed the weekend before the week of the teacher and told that I wasn't in charge of a gift for our teachers, I was in charge of a gift for ALL the teachers, all 18 of them, and I had to collect money from the other parents. I was assigned a partner who I had never met and together we attempted to shake money out of the pockets of these parents and come up with some clever idea for a gift. You can't just buy a gift... there has to be a clever theme. Frankly, my whole reputation as a mother was riding on this endeavor. Luckily, my folks were visiting when this bombshell hit so Grumpy came up wtih the idea of Blockbuster cards. Then my mom and her lovely friend Jane (Hi Jane!) ran with the idea and there was born "Poppin' With Appreciation!" Complete with movie candy and cute gift tags. As you can see, I need to go back to work and come off maternity leave so that I never have to do something like this again!!!! I have no qualms about contributing money! Thanks mom and dad and Jane. The teachers loved them.
Mother's Day was lovely. I got to take a long bath and watch part of Camelot. Ah... And I got a beautiful flower pot and got to spend time with my family. The best mother's day ever.

Last week Daniel went to his first birthday party. I figured that since he is 2 1/2 it was pretty good that it was his first. Then I was informed by the mom throwing the party that she wanted to do something "different" so she was having the kids paint pottery that she would later fire. (ambitious but fun). I was pretty surprised because I thought "different" was just going to a birthday party. But apparently all the kids are going to them. We are just behind the social power curve. And so it begins...

Here are Daniel and his daddy and two of his friends from school and their daddies.
Bear was very into the birthday cake (like his fingers in the icing before the little boy had a chance to blow out the candles)

DanMan also had his first sucker. I had to finish it.



Fi also had a red letter day! On the 16th she went in for her four month appointment. She is very healthy. The doc said she is at the top of the charts (92%) for height and weight. So, the doc said to start her on cereal right away! Otherwise she'll eat us out of house and home with the cost of formula! So, yesterday on the 18th, she had rice cereal for the first time. She did very well. It was a lot of recycling the bites (yes gross, but you try learning how to eat all over again!) but she did it. Today was a little touch and go, but I'm sure she'll be all over it tomorrow. Yesterday, not only did she join the world of masticating mammals, but she rolled over! Here she is:







Of course, she wasn't rolling over quickly enough for Dan apparently...



No comments: