Well, we have had a very very busy lead up to this Christmas. So busy in fact, that our Christmas cards are non-existent. Just think of all the postage we saved (this is looking on the bright side). We baked lots of cookies for
Uncle Ken and Uncle Mattias and spent a small fortune shipping them to Sweden. We wrapped lots of presents and then we spent time decorating. I remember fondly those competitions in our old neighborhood that I had with Mr. Chambers to see who could get their Christmas lights up first after Thanksgiving. Often we would both be on our ladders at the same time and wave to each other... then hurriedly try to get our lights up first... and the more the better. However, we have moved to a neighborhood where I just can't compete. Our next-door neighbors have SIX (yes, SIX) Christmas trees, full size and fully decorated, in their home. She started putting them up on 1 November. Now, I ask you, who can compete with that? It's a good thing they are such lovely people. Did I mention that each tree is decorated with a theme?
Uncle Ken and Uncle Mattias and spent a small fortune shipping them to Sweden. We wrapped lots of presents and then we spent time decorating. I remember fondly those competitions in our old neighborhood that I had with Mr. Chambers to see who could get their Christmas lights up first after Thanksgiving. Often we would both be on our ladders at the same time and wave to each other... then hurriedly try to get our lights up first... and the more the better. However, we have moved to a neighborhood where I just can't compete. Our next-door neighbors have SIX (yes, SIX) Christmas trees, full size and fully decorated, in their home. She started putting them up on 1 November. Now, I ask you, who can compete with that? It's a good thing they are such lovely people. Did I mention that each tree is decorated with a theme? 
Eric and Dan went to visit Santa and while last year's visit went smoothly this year Daniel was not so welcoming of the big guy. It could be because Santa was a scary redneck who smelled suspiciously like "Boone's Farm" but who knows? 

Uncle Ken, Notice we put up your stocking this year! I hope it gets filled (but I bought some coal just in case).

Daniel is entering his Terrible Two stage already -- we like to brag that he is ahead of his peers in many things. Mark has begun referring to Daniel as "Ursus Dramaticus" (the drama bear). Often he will just drop where ever in the house he happens to be and lay his entire body prostrate on the floor while wailing for effect. View the Ursus Dramaticus in his natural habitat:

If you ask Daniel if he wants to watch Sesame Street he usually drops everything and makes a beeline for his Swedish Chair. Today however, he took a detour to pick up a remote on his way.

Daddy and Dan and Eric like to surf along the floor... at least it keeps the floors cleaned! We miss you Uncle Ken and Uncle Mattias and Aunt Lynne and are thinking of you today! More tomorrow
I took the boys to the Children's museum this week. Eric and I spent most of our time chasing Dan down. Eric is a good big brother.

Grammy and Grumpy came into town last night for Christmas. Daniel wasn't quite sure who they were at first when they showed up at night in the dark, but as soon as he got close enough to see Grumpy, he LEAPED from my arms, threw his arms around Grumpy's neck and laid his head down on his shoulder.
If you ask Daniel if he wants to watch Sesame Street he usually drops everything and makes a beeline for his Swedish Chair. Today however, he took a detour to pick up a remote on his way.

Daddy and Dan and Eric like to surf along the floor... at least it keeps the floors cleaned! We miss you Uncle Ken and Uncle Mattias and Aunt Lynne and are thinking of you today! More tomorrow

No comments:
Post a Comment